Friday, February 23, 2007

Birch

birch1
birch2
birch3
birch-unblocked1a
birch blocking
birch road
birch in the tree
birch spread
birch front

Pattern: Birch by Sharon Miller from Rowan 34
Yarn: Rowanspun 4ply in Midnight from Cucumberpatch on ebay (yarn held doubled)
Needles: 5mm
Modifications: Because of the heavier yarn I eliminated two repeats of the pattern, casting on 279 instead of 299 stitches
Date started: February 5, 2007
Date finished: February 19, 2007
Thoughts: this was a really fun pattern to knit. It was easy to memorize and easy to read so you can put it down and pick it up whenever you want. It's fun to start with the super long rows since they keep getting shorter and shorter. The last 10 repeats flew by. I was terrified of running out of yarn but I made it with about 4m to spare. I would definitely recommend this project to anyone and I will probably make several more.

2 comments:

Charles said...

What a great shawl!
Lovely! You did such fine job!

Another thing, check out my knitting blog too! See what you think!Comment me also!

Thanks!
Charles

Charles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.